March also brought our annual St. Joseph's Sweet Table and Bake sale at church. We began our set up on Friday the 16th, and served after Saturday's 4pm mass and Sundays 8am and 10am. We raised $1220.00 all of which will be given to the Saint Vincent DePaul Society that helps the needy in our parish and area. I had two special helpers that really took their jobs seriously and did a great job..thank goodness for youth...![]() |
| Ella, guarding the cash...when we said guard the money she really took that seriously.... |
Kathy and Jack drove in for the weekend.
It was great...we finally got to finish or rather begin the lost weekend we started in December before illness threw everything haywire....we just spent time, visiting, shopping and just hanging out. It was a short weekend but did a world of good for refreshing the sole. On Saturday we ventured out to the Resale store to take a peek at what they had inside...we all came away with treasures...I found a table and chairs along with the cutest log looking colored pencils...had to have them. I also found a few rabbits for the holiday season and a blast from the past sewing table to house one of our sewing machines...it seems so long ago that I had one and gave it up for convenience...now I am buying it again for convenience so I do not have to carry it around....go figure...Kathy and Jack found a metal wheel barrel for yard art for the planting area at the base of their driveway along with a vintage tablecloth and other goodies...definitely a place to keep on the radar and visit again in the future...
****************
March roared in rather pleasantly….which
gave the Oakbrook Police and all the volunteers for the Polar Plunge a break….The
water was cold but what a great day, for a great cause.
Katie…the organizer, Amy and Eric the
helpers (Eric’s the one in the polar bear suit) even Brooke got into the action
this year…They raised quite a lot of money and the proceeds went to the Special
Olympics…..great time and very proud of them all….Congrats….
![]() |
| Amy...Eric....Katie |
![]() |
| Amy and Polar Bear getting a little friendly |
![]() |
| Eric and captain Kate |
![]() |
| Katie and Brooke |
![]() |
| Amy and Eric |
As February turned into March, the weather has started to become more Spring like and you can just smell the dirt and blooms. The tulips are up already and I am more than ready to get out in the garden and dig and plant and become grounded once more with the earth. Somehow that grounds me and brings me peace











No comments:
Post a Comment