After waiting for what seemed like an eternity...painting the baby;s room, washing more clothes than I have ever seen a child wear...Amy was due on August 24th and went into labor on August 23rd.
...
Amy tried to go as natural as possible and held off on the drugs....I am proud of her, when she got pretty far along the pain was a little to intense and chose to go with the drugs..I remember having my own children and the first child we were all prepared for natural childbirth...after the first menacing pains kicked in I was all about the drugs...next to the baby it was the best part of childbirth..That really didn't help Amy any so I just observed and waited....Well at 3:12 weighing
in at 8lbs 14 oz. (thus the drugs)...Ella J. was born.
Ella in Greek means "come" and if ever there was a most anticipated child this would be it. Amy has waited her whole life to be a wife and now Mother. She and Eric have stepped into the parent role and both participate in almost every aspect of her care. The "J " as her middle name is for Eric's middle name and Amy's brother Jonathan. Somehow I think Ella knew him before she came here and sent her and his blessing on to his sister. Here in this picture Ella is the 24th Great Grandchild for Mom and my 6th grandchild. She also joins the 4 -Generation club with her cousins who have been lucky enough to meet and greet their Great YiaYia.
God bless them all and welcome, baby Ella........
No comments:
Post a Comment