Saturday, December 31, 2011

Tapestry of Time

Well today is my least favorite holiday of them all. Maybe it is because I am sorry to see what I know go and the fear or anxiety of what is to come. I have always been a "wall flower" and prefer to observe life from a distance. Stepping into the new or being in the fore front has always been my weakness.

I can not say that this year was bad, because in truth it has been a good year. This time in 2010, our company was on the verge of possibly closing and changes would be coming. With the fear of not knowing what I was going to do, I stepped into 2011 with a huge question mark. As it turned out the first six months were extremely trying. We were in partnership with another company and it was draining day after day not knowing what our future was going to be. It was in June when we woke up so to speak and got mad. We felt why are we allowing some company to take away our pride in what we do, how we do it and who we are. We made a joint decision to break away from them and venture out on our own again. We made sacrifices, it took hard work and dedication but we survived. We not only survived, we thrived. I work for my brother and his company is a family owned and run business. He is always there for everyone and no matter the cost or the risk he is there for everyone. It was now time for us to be there for him and to see our company come back from the ashes and be as we were and better. We succeeded. We took our company back, and have been busy ever since and the 1st quarter of the new year is already busy. It will always take hard work and dedication but this time it is with a different purpose.

We welcomed 2 new babies into our life and they are precious as is all of the grand kids. It is fulfilling to watch my children be the parents and I can observe and strictly love the fruits of their labors, while they are the fruit of mine. We were filled this summer with baby showers, births, baptisms, birthday parties, weekend vacations and everything in between.

I have been lucky to now work from home and spend more time here with Mom. We have done so many things together and have many adventures. I am always in awe of her stamina and determination to carry on. She had eye surgery on a cataract in her good eye. It took guts to put it all on the line and take a leap of faith that this time all will go well. It did and her eyesight has gotten better in that eye. I am grateful to God for the blessing of sight that he has given to her which makes each day worthwhile.

I don't know what 2012 will bring for us, but I pray and hope that whatever is to come, that I can handle it with God's help and guidance. There is nothing that I do on my own and I am not smug enough to believe that anything I have or have done, came from my own doing. All the blessings I have received have come from God and his belief in my strengths and his strength in my weakness. I know there are angels that watch over us, one for sure is my Dad and the other is my Son. It is hard to watch the years accumulate on how long they have been gone, but in my heart and mind they travel my journey along with me.

There are no pictures in this entry for they reside in my memory of what this year has been. They are woven in my tapestry of life and when I am sad or nervous I can pull them out and cover myself with them like a well worn quilt. This year is finished and the new year is quickly approaching, though I can think of a million resolutions to make, I make none. Because I know I wont keep them so this way I will surprise myself if I do.

So here's to all my family and friends...Happy New Year!!! May the new year be filled with blessings, good health,happiness and hope.

3 comments:

yaya said...

Beautifully said as always. I wish only the best for you and your/my family and I hope Greg's company has the best year ever! I'm grateful Mom has maintained such good health and I too believe in Angels and I'm hoping they remember our family here too! Happy New Year Midge!

Heather said...

Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

thanida said...

Ohh so this is how your first post looks like great post. I believe winners don’t do different things, they do things differently.บาคาร่า