Thursday, October 11, 2012

May and June were busy months.....we celebrated Mom's birthday, Alana's 1st communion and heard the news that Katie and Blake and the kids were moving from my house to a new house in Batavia.

   Mom celebrated her 86th birthday with family, cake, candles and a bunch of Grand kids ready to blow out the massive fire.....
As you can see Mom looks a little disappointed that Andrew beat her to the punch for blowing out her candles.....we are lucky to be able to celebrate everyday we have but what a huge accomplishment to reach the wise age of 86!!! Here's to many more, Love ya Mom.......
 
 In May, Alana made her First Holy Communion....it is a big deal for a little girl...it is amazing how the dresses are fancier every year...but to a Catholic it is the first time that they will receive the body of Chirst....it requires preparation through the Religious Education program and their first experience at humility when you need to make your first confession....Alana was one of the readers at the Mass and I must say I was quit impressed.....there's no way I will ever get that close to the pulpit....that is why God created Grand children so I don't have to......Congratulations Alana.......

1 comment:

yaya said...

Super blogger! Love all the pics and seeing the events I missed. Sure wish we lived closer so I could just hop in the car and stay for a day (or 2) and not miss anything. Your pics are great too. I'm so happy health has been restored and now we can plan the next great blogging event! I loved Alana's dress...she looked so cute!