Monday, October 13, 2008

Well it has been some time since I entered anything in my blog. I know my millions of fans have been waiting patiently...(actually I think it's just about 1 - Kathy). I have alot of catching up to do. First I have to admit that Rick won the bake off competition here with his cinnamon rolls. 2 weeks later and about 10 pounds later, he was declared the winner. I will include some footage of him at work and the final product, the only thing I forgot to get was the recipe....I'll get it eventually and put it on here. The rolls are huge, a lot like my own, but they are incredible....


forget the footage....it takes to long and buggers up the computer...so you'll have to use your imagination.


1.This is Rick rolling out this massive dough, it pretty much took up the kitchen table. Then he rubbed it with butter....yesireeee no calories in this little baby.....


2.Here he is sprinkling it with cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, calories and more calories. Did I say sprinkle, I meant smothered.

3.Then he rolls it into a giant jelly roll and slices it into buns with a string....just like the bakery does....


4.He places them in the baking dish and lets them rise again...then bakes them for about 30 minutes. Once they come out he frosts them with an orange cream cheese frosting.....yowser....





Here is the finished product....I would show you what they look like on me as I am now wearing them everyday...but then you would probably be scarred for life or want to poke your eyes out with a fork....so I'll just let you be the judge when I put the recipe in here someday and you make them for yourself.......we'll I need to waddle around the block for a month....so I'll be back. Too bad we don't have scratch and sniff.

3 comments:

yaya said...

Yummy,Yummy,Yummy....Did you know that cinnabon's are 1000 cal? Hey, if we just ate one a day and nothing else until Christmas, we would be skinny and sick of them and no more temptation! Maybe I'll write a book about how we lost all that weight and make a million bucks...Oh, I just woke up from my dream...

Amy and Craig said...

This is Craig....just so you know Midge, I check out your blog all the time. You need to update it more because I'm interested in seeing what's happening.

Amy and Craig said...

how did craig miss out on the need to "cook off"??? can they still work on passing it down to him?? Maybe it would be too much for both of us to have a baking fetish...those cinnamon rolls look awesome! I'm waiting for the day blogs have scratch n sniff!