I will try to play catch up with the months in between and bring myself and anyone else who ventures on to this site up to speed.
May blossomed and so did all the tulips we hastily planted in the fall last year...Surprisingly most of them showed up and I was amazed at the colors that they were. I guess in my haste I forgot to notice what colors they were when we planted them. The yard went thru it's tansformation and soon there was color everywhere. We celebrated Mother's Day, Bill and Laura's 1st wedding anniversary, Mom's birthday and moved right into June.
All throughout June and July, we were busy reassembling our Family History book. This time the book was re-written and everyone was given the opportunity to update their history. Once I received them all, the book was then put on CD's and saved in a more Highly technical version. I passed all the photos on to Deidra and with her careful eye and love of music, put them all on a DVD for everyone to have and enjoy. The preparations were underway for our family to gather from Wisconsin, Georgia, California, Ohio and Illinois for our family reunion in August.
July came in and we celebrated Ava's and Brooke's birthdays.
Balloons, cake, presents...heat...alot of heat, jumpies...and more. Katie was nearing the home stretch in the baby making category and was getting well on her way to looking forward to delivering.....
August finally arrived and so did our guests from California. They actually arrived a day earlier than we thought and so to their surprise and as much my own, when they arrived we were caught unaware...we were happy to see them and spend the time together....The week was full of activity...different family members arriving at different days and times. We spent a day at the river aboard Phil and Greg's boats. They took
down the river for a boat ride and then we ventured over to Phil's in Morris for a family picnic. Katie and Blake were at the hospital awaiting the birth of their son, Mason James, who arrived just as we were leaving Phil's.
On Saturday we spent the day at Greg's in Sugar Grove, bar-b-queing, playing bags and catching up with old aquaintennces....It was well into the evening before everyone headed out and we vowed to do this again and keep in touch with the cousins.
September came and the kids began school. Brooke started Pre-school and surprisingly she loved it...we were a little worried. Rick began working from home as well as myself three days a week.
October blew in and it was a great fall, we celebrated Amy's birthday...
and then the following day she became engaged to Eric with the prospects of a wedding in the fall of 2010. Katie and Blake celebrated their anniversary and Katie celebrated her birthday the day before Halloween.
Halloween came and I made a monkey suit for Andrew...he seemed to like and even won a contest for the cutest home made costume. I am sure it had more to do with him than it did with the costume.
and then the following day she became engaged to Eric with the prospects of a wedding in the fall of 2010. Katie and Blake celebrated their anniversary and Katie celebrated her birthday the day before Halloween.
Halloween came and I made a monkey suit for Andrew...he seemed to like and even won a contest for the cutest home made costume. I am sure it had more to do with him than it did with the costume. November was the most pleasant month and we celebrated Laura's birthday and Andrew's 1st birthday. Andrew accomplished learning to walk before he turned 1 and is a man on the go....Thanksgiving came and went and finally so did the left overs. We always have a brunch so the kids can still get to the in-laws for dinner. We had a great time and a quiet evening later.....December rolled in and the activities began..it has been non stop between office parties, Christmas decorating, shopping and baking. We prepared for our family Christmas this year at Phil's in Morris. Everyone came in and it was a day of surprises for everyone....
even Santa came dressed in all his glory and
even Santa came dressed in all his glory and riding in the wagon being pulled by 2 huge white horses..We did a live nativity scene very spur of the moment and what a fun filled day.
Well Christmas has now come and gone...the excitement, the presents...the kids...barring Brooke's heroic leap down 3 stairs in the family room, ending with a visit to the emergency room and Dr. Rob and a cast on her broken ankle/leg.....she has spent the rest of her vacation sitting on the couch alot and wishing she had just walked instead of jumped...but all is well and so will she be...
Soon this year will wind down and 2010 will arrive without plans or ideas of what is yet to come. It is always thrilling to begin again and scary at the same time....I will make the new year's resolution to try harder to blog, if nothing else for myself.....and to appreciate more what I enjoy and that is my family in whatever circumstance I find them in......
Happy New Year!!!! to all.....

2 comments:
Awesome blogging little Sis! It brought back memories of warmer days, cooler days, funner days, busy days, happy days...ok, I now sound like Sesame Street! On to 2010!
What a year! I love a blog because it is like a diary that is fun to look back at and see the highlights. Your year had some wonderful ones! I'm always envious of your close family and Kathy's trips to events in Chicago...what a neat family!!!
Post a Comment