Thursday, January 7, 2010

Well Happy New Year to my adoring fans of one or maybe two.....

New Year's Eve came and went very quietly..mainly because I could not find anything good on TV and from sheer boredom gave up and went to bed at 8:45...I am a thrill seeker. Seriously, I searched all the stations, I had already watched all the DVD's, but before I went to take the dog out I flipped through the channels and settle on one but a commercial was on so I went to take the dog out...when I came back in Mom was laughing hysterically and watching the TV. In hopes that something funny or good was on I asked her what she was watching and she replied whatever you put on, but it was all about the Penis and the Vagina...I'm like OH MY GOD...I seriously need a life and apparently so does she...but at least she laughed her way to bed and New Year's Eve came in very quietly.





I did get up early and went outside and though everything still looked exactly the same as it did the night before, we had entered a new year and a new decade as well. As I stood in the peace of the early morning and the snow was falling, I tried to imagine what this year will bring. I can only hope that health, happiness and love made the top of the list. If you have all of those the rest can be overcome. This should be a busy year, they all seem to be after a while. Plans are being made for Amy's wedding..(not telling Mom exactly when though, she seems to get creative during even years and years when one of my children will be getting married!!).

Brooke has been struggling with how to walk for the next six weeks. The doctor put quite a large cast on her leg. I tried to explain to her my 3 day rule for illness, but she did not seem to grasp the idea that if Christ can die and rise again in 3 days, surely you can get up and try to walk. It took some days and practice and now I believe she should be ready to get back to school as she has learned to walk on her own. Actually she has tried to dance with the cast on as well.

Well with the New Year slowly aging into it's first week, the resolutions of losing weight, getting organized, or starting fresh with new ideas are slowly starting to dim and slipping back into the comfortable ways of the past seem to be taking over. I will try to blog more, if nothing else for my own journalizing...I may need it in the future to remember the wonderful times of my dwindling youth....

But with all sincerity I do wish that all the wishes made and hopes renewed with the dawn of a new year come true for all.....we shall see....

2 comments:

yaya said...

I'm one of your adoring fans! Cute pic of Brooke and my that is a big cast! I'll not comment on the vagina life of my Mother...I too went to bed early but did wake up in time to see the ball drop. Then I watched Dick Clark kiss his wife and nearly threw up...Not good TV...No resolutions as I'm still working on the ones from last year! But I'm all for a wedding because it's not my kid. But count me in to help with anything. Hey, I just got my blog book back and I love it! Your such a great writer, yours would make the New York best seller list! (if you throw in some vagina stuff)

Donna said...

Gee, you and your sister make me laugh...really I'm a fan too, because you ARE a good writer!! Loved the penis thing because my mother and grandmother were so straight as an arrow but when Seinfeld came on and they talked about P/V stuff, they would howl with laughter and that made me smirk! So, good for your mom...that's where the sense of humor in the family came from!