OH my Gosh....I thought it was March that came in like a lion and out like a lamb....well January has truly been a flurry of activity. January started off with the shock that my sister-in-law Bonnie, my bother
Phil's wife, was diagnoised with Lukemia and is currently in the Univeristy of Chicago medical center undergoing Chemotherapy. When we heard the news it was as if someone hit you with a mack truck. Our prayers and thoughts have been with her and her family as she undergoes a tough journey. So far Bonnie has weathered the chemo and is remaining extremely strong and has received her second treatment this weekend. We are all hoping and praying for her recovery.

This last week began with Bill and Laura looking at a new house that just went on the market. It is perfect for them, it has all the room that they need for a growing family. It has four bedrooms, family room, living room, dining room, basement, fenced in yard everything. They went back on Tuesday looked at it again, put an offer in, the couple countered, they countered and before Wednesday dawned they had purchased the home....Wow who buys a home in 1 day...they did I g
uess and they were very excited...
All week Laura was not feeling good, by Thursday she ended up in the hospital and by Friday morning she had surgery to remove her appendix.....yikes. Bill has been playing Mr. Mom and new homeowner and now has a new respect for Laura and all she does... it has been a tough week for them. Laura came home from the hospital Friday and Saturday they celebrated Alana's 6th birthday at the bowling alley with 20 of her closest friends and family....
Happy Birthday Alana... I couldn't help myself...I was amazed at the true bliss Andrew got with just a simple sucker....my kind of kid....

While Saturday morning, Amy was scheduled to have knee surgery to repair some dangling cartilidge and was back home recouping on Saturday afternoon.

Sunday came and we all, gimps included, attended a mass for Jonathan. It seems strange to think it has been 6 years since he died. My biggest fear was that I would be here saying someday...I can't believe it has been 30 years since he's been gone. Time passes so quickly and so many events have passed with it. He is missed always and next month his birthday turns him 25 while he remains always 18....I know it has been said that time heals...true enough I guess, but in reality it doesn't heal, it will always be a wound that lies just under the skin. Time transforms you into different people and I know for myself that I will never be the same person I was then and the current person will go on to be a part of all the new events that are constantly happening and he will always be our special silent obseverer from a close distance.
Well as we close out this week and begin anew tomorrow...one never knows what this week will hold.....keep your fingers crossed...anything is possible....
1 comment:
Awesome blog...made me laugh (tsk,tsk,you didn't really give Andrew a sucker did you???hehehe),made me shake my head(a new house stat, a knee repair stat, an appendix out stat, Bonnie's hospitalization stat!)made me cry as I think of Jono and how much we miss him and the look on Jordan's face whenever I mention him. I love that pic of the two of you. That says it all.
Post a Comment