
Well today we had a baby shower for Bill and Laura and the soon to arrive, Andrew Jonathan Thon.
I did the centerpieces out of Boy Toys, filled them with flowers and tied balloons on them...Kathy this picture is for you.... That is Laura the Mom to be in the background....The idea came actually from Billy, when he was in High School, he took a Horticulture class and designed a flower arrangement out of a Tonka Truck. He planted silk flowers in the bed (that's my boy) and won 1st prize. That entitled him to a trip down to Springfield, IL for the Vica competition. I am sure that made him real popular with the girls when they found out what he was there for. Anyway back to the story. I kept that Tonka truck centerpiece forever and then when he wasn't looking, I dismantled it. I thought it was very cute, so the centerpieces are a tribute to Bill during a more sensitive moment of his in High School years.
The real thought was for them to take them home for Andrew to have someday. All the kids at the shower thought they were great as they were racing the centepieces around the room. Bill and Laura got some great stuff and this kid will be the best dressed munchkin around when he finally comes out of hibernation. I did give them one gift that I have to mention, Bill's grandma (Nonnie) had knitted him a little white outfit before he was born and Bill actually wore it as his Christening outfit. Being a pac rat so to speak, I hung on to it for almost 26 years, but parted with it at the shower. I also gave him a poem that was given to us by his late Aunt Marge and Uncle Creighton, which by the way was given to her by her mother. Nobody but Billy ,my kids and my Mom probably understood the sentiment and it really didn't matter, it was something from his Nonnie to him. Billy is the only living heir to carry on the "Thon" family name and soon he can pass that right (burden) on to the next generation.
Here is a picture of Bill and Laura and little Andrew, he's kind of keeping a low profile right now, but he'll be out around the end of October, beginning of
November.
All in All Laura's Mom and brother did a great job, we played some interesting games. The one that I like the best oddly enough, was the one where they froze all these little babies in a ice cube tray and everyone got one with a cup of slightly warm water. At the same time everyone drops their baby in the water and the one that drops to the bottom first is the winner...Peggy was the first. They also had baby trivia and again oddly enough Blake, Katie's husband was the first winner when he correctly answered how many diapers do parents change in a year.....I know you are all in suspense so here is the answer...7000. Who'd a thought...well it was nice and they now have a lot of laundry to do to get ready for the little squirt.....but at least as of right now there are no stains on them...
YaYa (1) and Brookers and her little brother, Elmo....
Katie, Brooke, Blue Balloon and YaYa (1).





1 comment:
Wow, what a nice shower! Those centerpieces are super...so much talent, you need to advertise. How touching to pass on those special items. Sure wish I could have been there. Congrats Bill and Laura!
Post a Comment