Thursday, September 4, 2008

What's in a name?









What a wet and dismal day...that's ok, I thought I would explain the "2 YaYa's" name for my blog. Yes we do have American Indian in our Family history, (still researching that one)but that has nothing to do with the name. The name came from my Granddaughter, Brooke. I am a YaYa and my mom is a YaYa. Brooke calls us both YaYa and though we have not found a Greek version of Great YaYa, she continues to call us both the same name. One day when she was coming here, she told her Mom that she was going to "2 YaYa's" house. So why fight it, thus we became the "2Ya Ya's". In my son Bill's family, when his wife's girls were smaller and they were dating, they really didn't know what to call me. The oldest would call me Bill's Mom, well the youngest couldn't say all that, so she just calls me "B-Mom". Not sure what the newest arrival will call me, when he arrives and can finally talk....but whatever they call me I will always be glad to answer in the new role as Grandma, YaYa, B-Mom or whatever.






Here are Grand kids, Brooke, (the one with the pig tails, the red guy is just her friend, no relation..)



Alana and Ava....

2 comments:

yaya said...

You are the great blogger now! Cute pics of the YaYas and those girls are too sweet for words. Love the blog! Now if our brothers jump in my mission is complete!

Amy and Craig said...

midge! you are FUNNY! now that we live so far South, I'm glad you started a blog, I can still get some of the funny Midge stuff via blog land!