Sunday, September 7, 2008
Garage Sale or Garbage Sale?????
Okay, well so this wasn't one of my best ideas. I took Friday off with the hopes of selling tons of my most valuable junk. The city has a citywide Garage sale (and I use that term loosely, very loooosely). So being the great entrepenuer that I am...I thought why not participate. So I gathered all my precisous junk and started to set it every so nicely in the driveway. Greg and Deidra brought some clothes and shoes, which by the way were looking pretty good to me and I couldn't see why they thought they should be sold.....anyway we were all set up, even Brooke came to spend the day and help deal with the deluge of people who were were sure would be pulling in off the highway to see my fabulous stuff....And we sat....and we sat.....and we walked around and we played bouncy ball and we sat some more and then she went over and sat down on a box and just looked at me and I understood oh to well what she was thinking......What in the HECK is the matter with you YAYA!!, this junk is way to good to sell to the nobodys that came to the sale....we did make a whopping $9.75. She and I struggled for a long time on where and how we were gonna spend it. I believe ice cream won out...anyway...we packed up all our valuable stuff, (which you just might see at the White Elephant at Christmas) put all stuff away, counted our loot again and called it a day....I did promise her however that we will never try this again....and if I ever have that idea again, she has strick instructions to commit me......oh well, she and I and YaYa did have fun anyway....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hmmmm....have you ever heard of Goodwill industries??? After the "sale", you pack it up and drop it off. I'm not kidding. People actually do get rid of stuff. Try it, you'll like it. Glad you had a fun day with Brookers!
Post a Comment